About the opportunity
We are seeking an extraordinary Director, Rewards and People Operations to create, implement and deliver on a global reward and people operations strategy that supports our current 1500+ team of N26ers and prepares for our ambitious global expansion.
You will be joining N26 to build, lead and develop a team of dedicated professionals that provide expertise across reward, benefits, compensation and the people operations framework. In addition you will create opportunities for personal development and growth. You will report to the Chief People Officer (Noor van Boven) of N26 directly.
We are looking for a multi-talented leader who is building the synergy between the rewards and people operations team, and preparing N26 for the next maturity phase. You take ownership very seriously and share your technical expertise with the whole team. You define how to operationalize within the function, working across a broad cross-functional range of stakeholders to drive change and at times creating work yourself if needed.
If you love leading talent and are passionate about pulling up your sleeves then this would be the perfect role for you.
In this role, you will:
- Using a data-driven approach, increase the transparency of reward at N26 and find opportunities to present, inform and educate on high-visibility topics ranging from salary review cycles to the gender pay gap
- Collaborating with international entities, ensure there is a standardised approach to individual remuneration committees
- Partner with our recruiting leaders to highlight our full benefits package globally and feed this into talent attraction campaigns
- Manage N26’s ESOP scheme with a strong focus on clear documentation and information management
- Continually benchmark external and internal data on pay and benefits, you’ll keep us at the top of our game!
- Alongside our HR Tech Lead, explore and implement new technologies that harness the full potential of taking our reward and operation function to a world-class level, automating where possible
- Act as a key business partner to the N26 management and executive team on behalf of reward and people operations, reporting back on key milestones, roadblocks and your teams KPI’s
What you need to be successful:
- 10+ years of related experience in rewards or benefits and people operations, in a global-matrix organisation, preferred in a digital and data-driven
- Demonstrated people leadership experience, with a track record of building and leading high-performing teams
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with an ability to connect at levels of an organisation
- Experience with market-based pricing, short and long term incentive administration and other compensation frameworks
- Competence with international and domestic payroll and benefits administration
- Data is your friend! You use data and research to inform your decision making
- Very strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to effectively convey messages to different leaders and ensure team members understand total rewards, policies and their accountabilities
- Team player. Obviously. We work hard together, but we have fun along the way
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback