N26 continues its rapid growth and is looking for an experienced Head of Engineering to lead the Markets Domain within our Technology organisation in our New York City office.
This Domain develops a deep understanding of our customer segments across the many major markets in which N26 operates, to deliver the best product to the right customer.
N26 organizes our product and engineering teams in a domain structure, which represent different areas of the product life-cycle such as core banking platforms, customer banking products, and global market personalization. Each of these domains is led by senior Product and Engineering leadership to define and deliver a product vision that fulfills N26’s goal of becoming a banking product loved world-wide.
In this role you will:
- Work side by side with a Domain lead of Product to define the Domain vision, OKRs and long term delivery roadmaps that meet organisational, security, regulatory, legal and technical standards
- Support, invest in and develop an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with clear expectations via practices such as 1:1s, goal setting, and constant feedback.
- Build a top notch engineering culture in collaboration with functional Leadership (principal engineers, agile coaches, etc.)
- Create growth opportunities for team members and address gaps via technical or non-technical skills mentoring and performance management. Help make our people shine!
- Create a high performing and positive work environment based on transparency, accountability, and trust.
- Ensure high standards of delivery and operational excellence
- Collaborate with product managers and operations in project planning, dependency management, risk management and continuous process improvement for an optimal flow of value for customers and the business (with an appropriate use of metrics).
- Connect with Domain leadership and other teams to unblock dependencies, provide visibility and transparency to team progress on product initiatives
- Be a manager of managers and build strong leadership culture
- Enable cross team collaboration and alignment with the focus on delivering impact in a timely manner
- Drive key initiatives within your segment and across organizations within N26 and the US Market
What you need to be successful:
- Experience growing, coaching, mentoring and providing feedback to team members, including difficult conversations
- Experience working on a rapidly evolving product in an agile environment
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple engineering teams and a track record of influencing and delivering technically complex projects with company-level impact.
- Strong leadership, planning and communication skills
- Passionate about people, and improving the environment in which they work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience reconciling priorities among many stakeholders to build plans for technical delivery
- Knowledge of one or more of the following domains: payment processing, core banking systems, identity verification/KYC, credit/debit card networks
- Experience building high load, high availability distributed systems scalable to millions of monthly active users within strictly regulated environments
- Experience working in a globally distributed company.