About the opportunity
As Head of Marketing - Europe you will take strategic and operational responsibility for driving healthy and sustained customer growth in our established European markets. As a cross-functional leader working across global and local marketing teams, you will play a key role in steering core markets local marketing teams by ensuring local initiatives are closely aligned with our global efforts. Along the way, you will help build a trusted, community-driven, and tech-enabled global brand at the cutting edge of the fintech industry that is activated and brought to life with deep local relevance.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a team of Country Marketing Managers to achieve their market-specific goals by ensuring they have the necessary resources, capabilities, and development opportunities
- Ensure consistency between the global and local Marketing strategy and plans in close collaboration with the global marketing team and General Managers
- Support and recommend budget allocation across channels and geographies
- Drive the feedback and learning loops from local customers into our marketing efforts
- Champion brand and excitement building in the local markets, ensuring the global brand is executed effectively in each and build a bridge between the global brand and local market
- Work cross-functionally across global and local marketing teams to ensure high-impact integrated global campaigns and local activations across multiple marketing channels
- Leverage data to identify priorities and define growth opportunities per market
What you need to be successful:
- At least 10 years of progressive marketing experience in overseeing integrated global and local marketing strategies and campaigns across European markets, ideally including experience in fast-paced B2C digital/tech environments
- Deep insight into the European consumer marketing landscape, you are the go-to person for market knowledge in marketing trends and the European tech scene, experience in banking or fintech a plus
- Experience leading, mentoring, and developing high performing teams
- Strong cross-functional communicator and collaborator, with excellent stakeholder management and negotiation skills
- Flexibility, the ability to meet deadlines, and changing direction when needed
- Marketing KPIs and performance measurement are second nature, you are able to take strategic decisions based on data insights
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct, and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 You, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Dogs in the office - bring your canine companion twice per week
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.