About the opportunity
We are seeking an enthusiastic Sourcing Manager who will provide leadership throughout our entire sourcing process. You will be responsible for the development and execution of high value procurement related activities and projects globally and will provide leadership throughout our entire sourcing process. You will lead sourcing initiatives and supplier engagements, aligning with business unit goals and objectives.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Business Operations, Product and Tech, Accounting, Legal and Finance departments to assure business continuity
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base opportunities to reduce cost, minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and exploit industry developments that benefit N26
- Lead sourcing events in opportunity identification and RFXs where appropriate
- Negotiate and implement supplier agreements/contracts that meet the business needs of cross-functional stakeholders and achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models
- Influence suppliers' manufacturing processes, technology decisions, and policies in ways that are mutually beneficial and sustainable for both organizations
- Develop the best possible supply base for N26
What you need to be successful:
- 7+ years of professional experience, working in a structured Procurement environment, across multiple categories
- You are a Bachelor/Master, in any field
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and a willingness to take on any task, no matter how big, or small
- The ability to see ahead and think in terms of possibilities; creates a clear vision and strategy, thinks broadly and understand inter-dependencies
- The ability to build relationships and credibility across the organisation; demonstrates managerial courage; leading through influence – not authority; strong negotiation skills
- Sourcing and Procurement Proficiency - strategic sourcing expertise and understanding of sourcing methodologies and tools
- An approach that seeks to understand the external market fundamentals, and can utilize cost models and your business and financial acumen to leverage the best value possible for N26
- Experience leading negotiations for complex, mission critical technology
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, with a problem-solving mindset, using data to support your decisions
- Broad supply chain experience, such as new product introduction, demand planning, and supply management
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer
- High degree of business ethics and accountability
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Dogs in the office - bring your canine companion twice per week
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.