About the opportunity
We are seeking a Sr. Product Designer well versed in UI design with a sensitivity towards micro-interactions that makes great experiences truly amazing.
This role will be joining a team that is setting a new bar for what the modern banking experience will look and feel like. The US Product & Design team are the owners of our customer experience within our app. Using research, expertise, and empathy they are charged with infusing delight into every part of the N26 experience.
With over $670 million raised, and a $3.5 billion valuation, one of the most valuable and well-funded FinTechs in Europe is about to break the US banking model.
If you can operate with a high degree of autonomy while collaborating globally; working with cutting edge technologies, and getting things done while striving for constant growth, personally and professionally; let's build banking technology that the world loves to use.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and user researchers to oversee the development of a product from problem definition, concepting to launch.
- Support and lead your cross-functional product team by applying your craft to everything we do.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams.
- Design mobile and web interfaces that are incredibly simple, elegant, and enjoyable for users.
- Mentor and inspire our greater design team, give and seek feedback in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Collaborate directly with engineers within agile teams at every stage of a product's creation.
What you need to be successful:
- 4+ years designing excellent digital products for a cross-functional team; ideally with 2+ years focused on Mobile UX/UI
- A track record of advocacy for the customer and applying user research insights to your design
- Storytelling through design is second nature for you
- Ideally familiar with most or all of the following: Conceptual design, user research, wireframing, UI prototyping, detailed design, usability testing and implementation
- Experience with industry standard design tools (Adobe CC, Sketch, InVision, etc…)
- Excellent communication and the ability to convince stakeholders to buy-in to your concepts
- An understanding of business that is equal to your understanding of product owner needs
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Have a strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 20 vacation days per year
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
Our app attracts over 10k new users every day, primarily through word of mouth. We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.