Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
Our app attracts over 10k new users every day, primarily through word of mouth. We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
About the opportunity
N26 is seeking a motivated FP&A and Controlling Manager to build and lead a high performing FP&A function at N26 in the US. We are going through a very exciting period, as we are right in the middle of executing on our US launch and shaping our financial and strategic plans. The launch is a key milestone in our journey from a young start-up in Europe to becoming a global bank with a complete and holistic product portfolio.
This is a highly visible role in which you’ll work as a finance business partner for US leadership and their teams, dive deep and help shape business strategy, financial planning and provide financial decision-making support on business cases.
With over $670 million raised, and a $3.5 billion valuation, one of the most valuable and well-funded FinTechs in Europe is about to break the US banking model.
If you can operate with a high degree of autonomy while collaborating globally; working with cutting edge technologies, and getting things done while striving for constant growth, personally and professionally; let's build banking technology that the world loves to use.
In this role, you will:
- Build and lead a high performing FP&A function and oversee the local N26 business in the US
- Report to the Head of Group FP&A and Controlling based in Germany, with a dual reporting line to the US Strategy Team
- Be responsible for cash flow management and coordination of financial auditing of the US entity
- Be responsible for the oversight of the external accounting team, and be ultimately responsible for compliance and integrity of the US financial books
- Lead the financial planning process for the US business, providing insights and the “story”, and ensuring the integrity and quality of the forecast
- Lead month-end analysis and regular management reporting
- Set and measure OKRs to drive execution and make decisions and adjustments to achieve those plans
- Partner with Group FP&A to design and implement an efficient business/ financial planning cycle in the US and globally
- Optimize and further develop existing accounting processes in relation to new products for the US entity
- Organize and support company-wide projects from the perspective of local accounting
- Contribute to projects such as fundraising, M&A and others
- Support the central group audit function in the design and implementation of a group accounting and reporting framework
What you need to be successful:
- University degree in Finance, Management, or Accounting; Masters-/ MBA-level preferred; additional accounting qualifications (e.g. CIMA, CPA) are a strong plus
- Ideally 7 or more years of professional experience, of which at least 4 in FP&A, Business Controlling or Accounting
- Experience as a business partner of (senior) management and influencing decision-making in a multi-functional context
- Deep experience in FP&A and a very good working knowledge of Accounting
- Project management experience, having implemented and/ or led process changes
- Prior working experience in Tech, Big 4, Consulting or Corporates
- Prior experience in leading/coaching a small team
- Familiarity with banks and financial institutions
- Strong personal leadership, highly motivated, curious to learn and develop
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Analytically strong, attention to detail, able to draw conclusions and insights from large amounts of data
- Outstanding skills in MS Office/ Google Suite, familiarity with ERP systems desired (reporting/ end user skills)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Possess ambition and competencies to shape your area and potentially a team
- Resilience, proven ability to learn from set-backs and course-correct
- A connector with ability to build strong relationships across the organization of varying functions and levels
- Credible with ability to partner and influence decision-making by gaining trust from management and peers