About the opportunity
We are seeking an experienced manager for the financial crime prevention (FCP) initiatives in our payments team, to iterate features, tools, and controls to help keep our customers and our bank safe.
Our cross functional team is made up of compliance professionals, product developers, engineers and data scientists. We develop and maintain the core compliance systems, as well as partnering with other divisions in the bank to offer advice and support on a large portfolio of new and existing product and market launches.
In this role, you will:
- Shape and drive the financial crime prevention strategy for our Payments team.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to first, understand the core payments infrastructure and new product/market initiatives.
- Educated Product and Engineering teams on potential financial crime risks and the Compliance strategy for payments products/markets.
- Manage a portfolio of feature launches that may require a risk assessment, identification of dependencies, prioritization and coordination across teams.
- Develop financial crime prevention controls for new payments products and markets, with input from key stakeholders.
- Design novel risk mitigation processes that challenge conventional models and allow us to scale faster and easier.
- Challenge assumptions, put in place risk mitigation actions to ensure successful product development and launches.
- Manage complex projects and align compliance strategy across the Compliance, Product and Engineering organization
What you need to be successful:
- 5+ years experience in banking, payments or FinTech, having worked on risk and compliance
- You have experience working with multiple domestic and international schemes, including faster payment protocols
- You understand how to integrate schemes into financial crime prevention functions and applications that can scale globally
- You have experience implementing financial crime detection solutions and compliance screening systems
- 3+ years project management experience
- Excellent English fluency (spoken and written)
- Digitally native and have a high drive for meeting customer needs
- Strong in analytics, structured, data driven and detailed oriented
- High work ethics and an intrinsic desire to deliver high quality end products
- BA/MS in Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics, Software Engineering or a related field
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 You, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Dogs in the office - bring your canine companion twice per week
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.