About the opportunity
As the Group Risk Portfolio Manager, your core responsibilities are to identify, measure, limit and control all financial, operational and business risks, including reputational risk of the N26 Group's business operations.
In this role, you will:
- Design, program and implement a consolidated management reporting system as basis for portfolio management and educated decisions.
- Ensure data integrity by defining data ownership, safeguarding data history and setting-up and maintaining the KPI dictionary.
- Ensure the data management processes are regulatory compliant and follow the best industry standards.
- Define the regular reporting processes, roles and responsibilities and the structure
- Set-Up targets and triggers for the KPIs in line with the Group’s risk appetite.
- Manage the Group’s portfolio by investigating trends/ issues and - together with key stakeholders - defining and implementing mitigations.
- Support and guide the Bank’s portfolio managers, establish an effective relationship to steer the Group’s portfolio throughout the entities.
- Participate in the further development of risk management tools using mathematical-statistical methods, such as the development of new or backtesting of existing scoring methods and credit risk models.
- Set-Up and own the Group’s incident database.
- Participate in the product development process and ensure that risks are identified, mitigated, measured and controlled.
- Coordinate the implementation of new legal and regulatory reporting requirements for the risk management system in all relevant markets and market segments.
What you need to be successful:
- 10+ years professional experience in quantitative retail risk management at a bank, ideally with reference to an international retail lending business.
- Proven track record in designing and implementing a comprehensive risk reporting as well as statistical scoring models. Machine learning experience is a plus.
- University degree in mathematics or computer science, profound programming skills (e.g. SPSS, SAS, Matlab).
- Strong communication skills, able to translate analytical into business language.
- Fast and reliable operation.
- High commitment and initiative as well as very good analytical skills, efficiency and systematics.
- Comprehensive mastery of MS Office software (Excel, PPT, Word, Access)
- Fluent English language skills.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Dogs in the office - bring your canine companion twice per week
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.