Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
About the opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Product Manager to help setup and grow our Payments capability in our new Barcelona office working on a global product portfolio.
The Payments Segment is located in our new Barcelona office, and is rapidly becoming the global hub for all of our domestic and international payments business.
This is a unique opportunity to help setup and grow our Payments capability. Timing wise you are joining at a pivotal moment during which we are redefining our payments strategy to achieve scale and grow revenue inline with our growing global footprint.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for Payments discovery, development, improvement and management of existing features
- Be the subject matter expert for payments, and own the transaction lifecycle end to end
- Be responsible to build APIs as a Service
- Own and shape the backlog, roadmap and vision of one cross-functional product team
- Be responsible for coordinating resources, creating project timelines, to ensure on time delivery in high quality
- Manage external product partners as well as internal stakeholders and communication
- Interface with engineering, business development, operations and customer service to ensure that the desired economic and operational KPIs are met throughout the lifecycle of a product
- Analyse user feedback and drive continuous product improvement
What you need to be successful:
- You are digitally native and have a high drive for understanding and meeting users needs
- You have high work ethics and an intrinsic desire to deliver high quality end products
- You have a product management background in payments
- You have experience with the Clearing and Settlement Mechanism participation
- You have experience in developing products with a clear understanding of PSD2 (challenges and opportunities)
- You have graduated with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Business Informatics, Business Administration, Finance, or a related field
- You have experience working close with engineering teams
- You have ACHs schemes knowledge, such as: SEPA CT, SEPA DD, SEPA Instant CT, BACS, FPS, and correspondent banking
- You have experience developing Retail Banking Solutions (B2B and B2C)
- Strong knowledge of ISO 20022 and knowledge of ISO 9001 and 22000
- Experience to Manage Products following the products in discovery and continuous delivery
- You are strong in analytics, structured, data driven and have good interpersonal skills
- A hands-on mentality, stress resistance as well as excellent English skills complete your profile.
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Health & Life insurance, Personal development budget, Spanish language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 24 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 28 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.