Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
Our app attracts over 10k new users every day, primarily through word of mouth. We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
About the opportunity
We are seeking a Sr. Data Analyst well versed with cloud based microservices and building data products to join our Product Team in NYC to help us leverage user insights and experimentation to challenge that status quo of the banking industry.
This role will be joining the US Product team and as a member of the Global Data Analytics Team. As part of these teams they will enable N26 to understand key performance and customer behavior so teams can make data-backed decisions.
Given the importance of data at N26, you will be a key member of the Product team, involved early at the ideation stage of new features and strategic decisions. Helping us experiment and learn as we build a bank that generates better financial outcomes for our customers.
With over $670 million raised, and a $3.5 billion valuation, one of the most valuable and well-funded FinTechs in Europe is about to break the US banking model.
If you can operate with a high degree of autonomy while collaborating globally; working with cutting edge technologies, and getting things done while striving for constant growth, personally and professionally; let's build banking technology that the world loves to use.
In this role, you will:
- Work collaboratively with teams to set OKRs which are measurable and aligned with key business objectives
- Provide strategic counsel to the Product, Design and Engineering teams as we experiment through A/B tests, Hold Back tests and other methodology to prove out critical hypotheses.
- Develop self-driven analyses on customer behavior and product usage which drive growth and inform product improvements.
- Performing analysis that leads to actionable insights, meaningful KPIs and dashboards that help product, engineering and design self-serve critical data they need on a day to day basis.
- Influencing the global platform and data mentality across N26 so that we build an enduring platform that enables innovators to test and rapidly iterate in a scalable manner.
- Kick start initiatives to improve the team's effectiveness through introducing innovative technology and improving existing ways of working.
- Help to maintain and improve our core data microservices, driving productivity and data availability across the company.
- Work closely with data scientists and data engineers to design and maintain scalable data models and pipelines.
- This role reports to the Director of Product, US based in NYC and the Senior Team Lead for Global Data Analytics in Berlin (solid and dotted line reporting to ensure close connectivity across global and local teams)
What you need to be successful:
- Ideally 5+ years of experience bringing best practices in Product Analytics to digital teams
- Funnel analytics, customer segmentation, user activity modeling, churn, and A/B testing.
- Deep understanding of SQL for analytics, proven experience with Python as a data analytics and scripting language.
- Proven experience with statistical methods, particularly as it relates to analyzing experimental results.
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Have a strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback