We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 26 markets. Our team of over 1500 employees in 5 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation.
You will join the Payments Group in the Platform Segment, where we are all responsible for providing our users and the company with a secure, compliant, scalable and disruption-free infrastructure.
The Payments Group is located in our new Barcelona office, and is rapidly becoming the global hub for all of our domestic and international payments business.
This is a unique opportunity to help setup and grow our Payments capability in our new Barcelona office as a leader for a global product portfolio. Timing wise you are joining at a pivotal moment during which we are redefining our payments strategy to achieve scale and grow revenue inline with our growing global footprint.
Once here you will
- Lead the Payments Group, based in Barcelona, and work closely with many other teams across the bank (such as Engineering, Operations and Compliance) to delivery a digital first global payments platform
- Lead multiple cross-functional teams responsible for delivering our Payments Infrastructure, aligning with the requirements of both the Markets and Customer Experience Segments
- Take ownership and have an impact on the product
- Ask "Why?" and be prepared to be asked "What do you think about it?"
- Engage in knowledge-sharing within your team as well as beyond
- Understand and work with Agile development methodologies
What you will bring along
- You are a seasoned leader in product management from a Bank, Payments Company or FinTech, having lead the design, delivery and operational management of a digital-first payments proposition in market
- You have worked extensively with agile methodologies, leading multiple streams of complex work, and are adept at communicating and instilling the vision across Product, Design, Tech and Operations, to achieve a clear delivery focus
- You have experience in working with and managing partners across multiple domestic and international schemes, with exposure to Financial Crime Prevention functions, to implement a Payments proposition that can scale globally
- You have recent direct experience managing clearing house integration, and working with the multiple internal stakeholders and external partners required to achieve timely delivery. You also have recent direct experience implementing a modern "faster payments" protocol
- You have a functional business understanding of APIs and Microservice Architecture, and can confidently discuss these topics with Tech stakeholders to define the target state Payments Platform
- You have worked closely with the Deposits and Operations functions, to define and implement the end-to-end Customer Journey, and understand the full transaction lifecycle for domestic and international payments
- Experience (direct or indirect) with FX liquidity management and working with the Treasury function
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Exciting challenges
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.
Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.