N26 is building the first mobile bank the world loves to use. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Today N26 has more than 3.5 million customers in 26 markets who generate over €2 billion in monthly transaction volume.
The company employs more than 1.300 employees across 5 office locations: Berlin, New York Barcelona, Vienna and São Paulo. With a full European banking license, state-of-the-art technology and no branch network, N26 has redesigned banking for the 21st century and is available on Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $670 million from the world’s most established investors, including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures. N26 currently operates in: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UK and the US, where it operates via its wholly-owned subsidiary, N26 Inc., based in New York. Banking services in the US are offered by N26 Inc. in partnership with Axos® Bank, Member FDIC.
As a Content Strategist, you are the creator and owner of the content vision and story-telling strategy for N26 in the UK, acting as a brand and customer advocate. Alongside developing a strategic plan for content across paid and owned channels, you drive cohesive narratives across multiple platforms and touchpoints, creatively testing and learning as you go. You are a natural wordsmith with a portfolio of work that takes the complex and makes it simple and beautiful.
You’ll be working closely with the Marketing Lead, in the UK, as well as the Global Content team and all other marketing functions.
Once here you will
Strategic ownership & planning
- Develop and own the content strategy for the UK market, aligning with all relevant internal stakeholders
- Work with 3rd parties, as required, to drive your content approach and testing plan
- Develop and drive the N26 tone of voice in the UK market ensuring customers have a consistent experience of our brand
- Own the N26 UK editorial calendar & strategy and align with Content Lead and Global Communications team to share local ideas and themes with Global team
- Produce original content for our website, landing pages, blog post, performance channels and CRM activities and other ad-hoc tasks targeted to the local audience
- Create local content for UK (from long form writing content to video scripts) based on trends, market-specific events or partnerships and work closely with the local Social Media Specialist
- Support the Marketing team in driving brand awareness, word-of-mouth, engagement and acquiring new N26 users
- Coordinate content partnerships or sponsored content in local magazines (or other channels)
- Support and proofread translations of localisation specialists
What you will bring along
- 4+ years of written content strategy & creation experience, ideally with a mix of corporate and agency experience
- Outstanding writing and communications skills in English - and a real passion for storytelling
- Cultural understanding of the UK market to engage with local audience as well as understanding the user experience, interests and lifestyle of our target market.
- Understanding of on-page and off-page SEO principles, as well as the Marketing channels (CRM, Performance,...)
- Experience working in a cross-functional, international environment
- Experience in writing video scripts is a plus
- Interest in Financial Services/Technology or FinTech is a plus
Important: In order for your application to be considered, please send us writing samples for longform, short form and product-/ website-related content from recent projects you've worked for.
What we offer
- Have massive impact: define and implement your own content strategy to grow the UK business and build a buzz around N26 together with a brand new team
- Forget micromanagement: we trust you to own your projects and processes - of course we'll support you if needed
- Conquer a new market: drive the brand in the UK and make N26 the bank the people love to use
- Your choice: new Mac or Windows laptop
- Find a career path. not just a job. benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sounds good? Send us your application online now - we can't wait to be in touch.