Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
About the opportunity
In October 2019, we officially opened our 2nd Tech Hub in the EU in the city of Vienna, which has been named the most liveable city in the world for the second year running. The team will consist of exceptional Design, Tech and Product talent and looking to grow to 50+ in 2020.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our engineering efforts for our B2B offering.
Lead one of our software engineering cross functional groups to continuously identify and learn from our deliveries on how to further improve our effectiveness. Forming a leadership team with the group product manager and principal engineer alongside other roles such as agile coach, to bring our products to life.
In this role, you will:
- Support, invest in and develop an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with clear expectations via practices such as 1:1s, goal setting, and constant feedback.
- Work with the product manager and principal engineer to recruit, manage and retain talent.
- Create growth opportunities for team members and address gaps via non-technical skills mentoring and performance management. Help make our people shine!
- Create a high performing and positive work environment based on transparency, accountability, and trust.
- Collaborate with the product manager and principal engineer in project planning, dependency management, risk management and continuous process improvement for an optimal flow of value for customers and the business (with an appropriate use of metrics).
- Connect with management and other teams to unblock dependencies, provide visibility and transparency to team progress on product initiatives
What you need to be successful:
- Bachelors/Masters Degree or equivalent
- Extensive experience leading software development teams in complex environment
- Building a team able to operate large-scale applications with scalable and resilient microservices
- Experience growing, coaching, mentoring and providing feedback to team members
- Experience building and working in high-performance Agile software development teams (experience writing software (tech stack here) is helpful )
- Experience in building processes and organizational structures to support highly effective teams.
- Passionate about people, and improving the environment in which they work
- Demonstrated project management experience and skills
- Language skills: English professional proficiency (B2-C1 level)
- Collaborate effectively with stakeholders and teams
- Able to coach and mentor high-performing teams
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- The starting range for this position starts at €82,000 gross per year
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, fully subsidized public transit pass, fitness memberships, N26 premium bank card, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.