We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 26 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 5 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
At N26 we aim to create a life-enhancing banking experience, our customer operations team supports this by delivering a life-enhancing service experience. Service is not a cost center for us. It is a booster of customer happiness and global growth in which we invest heavily. Delivering service excellence is an imperative and a key differentiator in a competitive market for us.
To support this journey to a cutting-edge service delivery organization we are currently building a global Quality Assurance team. In a regulated environment with high expectations towards service excellence, quality monitoring and coaching of our service specialists is one foundation of our success. We expect our service organization to grow to over 1000+ employees soon which will cover Europe, UK, the USA, and soon Brazil.
We are now looking for a Director of Global Quality Assurance with substantial experience in building and delivering coaching and quality on a global scale. This role can be based in either New York or Berlin. You will be part of the Customer Operations global senior leadership team and will work with senior executives around the globe, teams across customer operations, and your coaches and quality specialists.
Once here you will
- Refine and further develop key metrics to measure service excellence and the quality and coaching impact of our different customer service teams, within both our in-house operations and external contact centers
- Improve our global quality framework to ensure our customers receive service at the highest standards
- Globally calibrate our quality standards to enable us to measure service excellence consistently for all markets
- Further develop the quality and coaching team by investing heavily in coach-the-coach certification as well as onboard more world-class quality and coaching specialists
- Close the feedback loop from customer operations to product management by delivering feedback from customers to our continuous improvement teams
- Keep our knowledge up to date on topics such as compliance, regulatory requirements, and quality by attending conferences, seminars, and continued education programs
- Establish, maintain, and revise policies and procedures to further enhance our internal knowledge base in close collaboration with our content team
- Ensure that coaching is delivered with business impact at heart, this includes best practice collaboration between teams and performance management
- Work hand-in-hand with the training and content team to deliver service excellence
- Contribute to the overall Customer Operations strategy and the N26 service delivery approach
What you will bring along
- A passionate and customer-oriented mind-set and drive to deliver on service excellence
- At least 10+ years of leadership and professional experience in building and leading large scale Customer Support Quality and/or training organizations
- Ability to build and lead a global quality assurance organization with 50+ members
- Prior work experience in Banking or FinTech is a strong plus
- Experience in establishing QA methodologies and best practices
- Ability to monitor and analyze data and use this to inform and guide your management decisions
- Experience with CRM tools like Salesforce, Zendesk or Freshdesk as well as LMS and quality assurance tools
- Ideally, Master or MBA in a relevant business discipline (not a must)
- English language proficiency is a must, 1-2 more languages of our key markets are a plus
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Travel in style with N26 You
- Personal Development Budget
- Subsidized transit pass
- Perks including German Classes, Dogs @ Work, Urban Sports Club and more
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.