N26 GmbH (“N26”) is redefining retail banking by eliminating physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees, and offering the best user experience. With 3.5 million customers in 24 European markets, N26 is one of the fastest growing banks in Europe, operating with a full bank license since 2016. In the US, N26 operates via its wholly-owned subsidiary N26 Inc. based in New York.
The N26 app has garnered 65,000 five-star reviews worldwide and has been featured in publications like TechCrunch, WIRED, and Forbes. The N26 app attracts over 10,000 new users every day in Europe primarily through word of mouth about its simple yet elegant design and usability. N26 has raised more than $500 million from the world’s most established investors, including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, and Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures. With a $2.7 billion valuation, N26 is considered one of the most valuable technology firms in the world today.
Once here you will
- Get the great opportunity to develop and execute a strategy to build N26’s profile among US tech media, blogs and product forums
- Play an instrumental role in ensuring alignment of tech-focused initiatives across the overall US PR, social media and content strategies
- Create press releases, journalist briefings, and other content contributions as needed
- Build and maintain speaker submissions and briefings for key tech, product and design events and conferences
- In addition, proactively identify and pitch media opportunities for our product and tech spokespeople
- But that is not all - monitor and report the success of PR measures
What you will bring along
- Experience in fast-paced, tech-focused organizations, or direct work for clients within the tech industry
- Several years of professional experience in journalism and/or media relations, either in a PR agency or an in-house PR/corporate communications department
- An abundance of knowledge of traditional communications and PR crafts, yet a strong appetite to disrupt the status quo
- Strong relationships at consumer tech media, blogs, product forums, and influencers
- A knack for storytelling and the ability to share a narrative across multiple channels (social media, content)
- A keen sense of judgement and flexibility to manage competing or shifting priorities
- High degree of comfort working with various stakeholders in the US and Berlin
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy in a fast-paced and growing startup
- Opportunity to make a big impact on N26’s US PR strategy
- Experience working in an international environment, including travel to Berlin
- Full health benefits and 401K plan
- Generous paid time off and sick days
- Annual professional development budget
- Regular team events with great colleagues
Meet the Team
The N26 US team is a group of unique and talented people consisting of alumni from Stanford, Northwestern, Duke, Syracuse, Villanova, and University of California, University of Denver, just to name a few! Many of us have gained our previous work experience at companies like Dow Jones, The New York Times, Expedia, PwC, J.P. Morgan, Etsy, Dish Network, Sling TV, Western Union and Morgan Stanley.
As far as fun facts go, our team is comprised of two NYC marathon finishers, a former sushi chef, a former competitive wakeboarder, and a certified yoga instructor. Collectively, we speak English, German, Greek, French, Spanish, Italian, Cantonese, Portuguese, Urdu and Hebrew.
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.