N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 26 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 5 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Once here you will
- Get the great opportunity to develop and execute a strategy to build N26’s profile among US tech media, blogs and product forums
- Play an instrumental role in ensuring alignment of tech-focused initiatives across the overall US PR, social media and content strategies
- Create press releases, journalist briefings, and other content contributions as needed
- Build and maintain speaker submissions and briefings for key tech, product and design events and conferences
- In addition, proactively identify and pitch media opportunities for our product and tech spokespeople
- But that is not all - monitor and report the success of PR measures
What you will bring along
- Experience in fast-paced, tech-focused organizations, or direct work for clients within the tech industry
- Several years of professional experience in journalism and/or media relations, either in a PR agency or an in-house PR/corporate communications department
- An abundance of knowledge of traditional communications and PR crafts, yet a strong appetite to disrupt the status quo
- Strong relationships at consumer tech media, blogs, product forums, and influencers
- A knack for storytelling and the ability to share a narrative across multiple channels (social media, content)
- A keen sense of judgement and flexibility to manage competing or shifting priorities
- High degree of comfort working with various stakeholders in the US and Berlin
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy in a fast-paced and growing startup
- Opportunity to make a big impact on N26’s US PR strategy
- Experience working in an international environment, including travel to Berlin
- Full health benefits and 401K plan
- Generous paid time off and sick days
- Annual professional development budget
- Regular team events with great colleagues
Meet the Team
The N26 US team is a group of unique and talented people consisting of alumni from Stanford, Northwestern, Duke, Syracuse, Villanova, and University of California, University of Denver, just to name a few! Many of us have gained our previous work experience at companies like Dow Jones, The New York Times, Expedia, PwC, J.P. Morgan, Etsy, Dish Network, Sling TV, Western Union and Morgan Stanley.
As far as fun facts go, our team is comprised of two NYC marathon finishers, a former sushi chef, a former competitive wakeboarder, and a certified yoga instructor. Collectively, we speak English, German, Greek, French, Spanish, Italian, Cantonese, Portuguese, Urdu and Hebrew.
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.