We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Once here you will
- Lead all reactive and proactive PR efforts related to topics that may pose a threat towards N26’s reputation
- Ensure early identification of issues that might harm N26’s public reputation and prepare strategies to prevent, mitigate or counter them
- Prepare action plans for possible adverse scenarios, in order to ensure a fast and professional PR reaction
- Define the key messages on sensitive topics relevant to N26’s reputation and ensure their consistency
- Coordinate the cross-functional development of all press releases and media responses on those topics
- In case of a PR crisis, manage a cross-functional task force to address the challenge fast and in a professional manner
- Be a trusted advisor to N26’s top management on all matters sensitive to N26’s reputation
- Build up, lead and develop a small team of specialised PR professionals
What you will bring along
- 10+ years of PR experience in-house or at an agency, with a strong focus on crisis communications
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- Proven track record of having built up strong and respected relationships with press/reporters/media
- Experience working at a fast-paced, global company and dynamic corporate environment
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Proactive self-starter and collaborative team player
- Flexibility and adaptability to manage ambiguity as priorities change
- Excellent writing skills in English: a breadth of writing styles for both internal and external stakeholders
- You keep calm under pressure and take complete ownership of your tasks from start to finish
- University Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Economics, Public Policy, Law or equivalent
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Personal Development Budget
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.