N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 26 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 5 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
N26 is seeking an AML Investigator to join our growing AML team. You will be instrumental in helping to build our best in class AML compliance program as we continue to grow in customer base across the US.
You'll use your expertise and knowledge in US AML laws and regulations in order to ensure that all investigations are properly escalated and resolved.In this position, you will constantly be faced with challenging and interesting investigations. That means no two days are the same.
Come join us on this incredible journey were no day will be encouraged to take on diverse challenges and grow within the organization.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Quality assurance of KYC and CDD/EDD functions
- Ensure CIP documentation supplied by customers during on-boarding complies with regulations and our internal policies and procedures
- Ensure that media and AML/sanctions alerts are properly escalated and resolved
- Monitor and analyze accounts for unusual or suspicious activity through alerts generated by N26’s anti-money laundering system
- Communicate with management on KYC/CIP/CDD/EDD deficiencies detected during account monitoring
- Interact and work closely with business stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as needed
- Maintain proficiency in all aspects of BSA/AML compliance; develop and administer N26 training material; attend training as assigned
Our Preferred Background:
- 1-3 years of related experience in banking and financial services
- Bachelor’s degree
- In-depth knowledge of BSA/AML regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with banking operations
- Attention to detail with solid analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize in a fast paced environment
What we offer
- Working with diverse, highly engaged peers
- A crucial role in a highly motivated, talented and international team
- High degree of autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Self-improvement budget to spend on attending conferences, taking courses, and purchasing books
- Competitive remuneration
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Meet the Team
The N26 US team is a group of unique and talented people consisting of alumni from Stanford, Northwestern, Duke, Syracuse, Villanova, and University of California, University of Denver, just to name a few! Many of us have gained our previous work experience at companies like Dow Jones, The New York Times, Expedia, PwC, J.P. Morgan, Etsy, Dish Network, Sling TV, Western Union and Morgan Stanley.
As far as fun facts go, our team is comprised of two NYC marathon finishers, a former sushi chef, a former competitive wakeboarder, and a certified yoga instructor. Collectively, we speak English, German, Greek, French, Spanish, Italian, Cantonese, Portuguese, Urdu and Hebrew.
*N26 Inc. does not currently offer or provide banking services on its own behalf or for its affiliates and is not a bank. N26 Inc. is wholly owned by N26 GmbH, which is also the parent company of N26 Bank GmbH. N26 Bank GmbH is a non-US bank, is not FDIC-insured, and does not offer or provide banking services in the United States or to US residents.