About the opportunity
We are seeking a pragmatic Data Engineer to simplify how to work with the increasing amount and variety of data at N26.
Our team builds data processing pipelines for a wide range of use cases to support analytics, machine learning and operations. We consider data engineering to be one of the most interesting specializations of software engineering, where solid engineering can be combined with challenging algorithmic problems to achieve efficient data processing at scale
In this role, you will:
- Drive the development and architecture of robust and scalable data processing tools, processes and infrastructure at N26.
- Work closely with data analysts, data scientists and other teams within the company to solve problems that require data.
- Look for opportunities to make internal processes better by leveraging our data infrastructure.
What you need to be successful:
- At least 3 years of experience in Data Engineering or related fields.
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Strong knowledge and experience with some distributed data processing technology like Redshift/BigQuery/Snowflake/Spark or similar.
- Knowledge of software engineering workflows, and fluency in at least one programming language. We mainly use Python to build our own orchestration engine.
- Good knowledge of SQL and approaches to query optimization.
- You search for pragmatic solutions to balance the different requirements of data projects, and build robust systems that create synergies instead of legacy.
- Language skills: English full professional proficiency.
- Detective-level attention to detail.
- Motivation to find simple abstractions for complex problems.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York, São Paulo and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.