We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 GmbH (“N26”) is redefining retail banking by eliminating physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees, and offering the best user experience. With 3.5 million customers in 24 European markets, N26 is one of the fastest growing banks in Europe, operating with a full bank license since 2016. In the US, N26 operates via its wholly owned subsidiary N26 Inc. based in New York.
The N26 app has garnered 65,000 five-star reviews worldwide and has been featured in publications like TechCrunch, WIRED, and Forbes. The N26 app attracts over 10,000 new users every day in Europe primarily through word of mouth about its simple yet elegant design and usability. N26 has raised more than $670 million from the world’s most established investors, including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, and Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures. With a $3.5 billion valuation, N26 is considered one of the most valuable technology firms in the world today.
N26 is seeking our first Social Media Community Manager in the US to oversee and curate our communities where you’ll set and own all aspects of social media community management. We value our customers and want to ensure that their voice is being heard across all of our social channels.
In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to build this area up from scratch where you’ll combine your entrepreneurial and cutting edge ideas within the community management space to create an innovative community management practice that has a reach across the US.
We are a team of ambitious people and love to push the envelope. You’ll have a high level of autonomy and no day will be the same. You’ll be encouraged to be the best you can be by taking on diverse challenges as we continue to scale the company and expand our customer base across the country.
Once Here You Will
- Oversee all community management and consumer engagement across all N26 US social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram (to be launched).
- Work cross-functionally with Customer Operations, Public Relations, US senior leadership and Berlin stakeholders to ensure all customer inquiries are resolved promptly and that potential issues are escalated in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Define and execute a coordinated strategy to engage consumers on non-owned platforms and forums, together with the PR Manager - US Consumer + Tech
- Set and own community management KPIs and make recommendations to senior management as needed to optimize positive brand association and reputation
- Be active in social listening and monitoring across channels and make clear recommendations to help maximize our community-building efforts
What You Will Bring Along
- At least 3 years of experience as a Community Manager for a consumer or lifestyle brand, banking, fintech or technology startup, or other related industry
- Proven experience at growing and managing an online community and building a community of influencers
- You know how to handle platforms natively or through management tools, and have some experience with reporting
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including understanding of tone of voice
- A keen sense of judgement and flexibility to manage competing or shifting priorities
- Ability to work independently and take ownership while still being a team player who is always ready to help others
- High degree of comfort working with various stakeholders in the US and Berlin
- Drive, creativity, and a sense of humor!
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy in a fast-paced and growing startup
- Opportunity to make a big impact early on in N26’s US social media and PR strategy
- Experience working in an international environment, including travel to Berlin
- Full health benefits and 401K plan
- Annual professional development budget
- Regular team events with great colleagues
Meet the Team
The N26 US team is a group of unique and talented people consisting of alumni from Stanford, Northwestern, Duke, Syracuse, Villanova, and University of California, University of Denver, just to name a few! Many of us have gained our previous work experience at companies like Dow Jones, The New York Times, Expedia, PwC, J.P. Morgan, Etsy, Dish Network, Sling TV, Western Union and Morgan Stanley.
As far as fun facts go, our team is comprised of two NYC marathon finishers, a former sushi chef, a former competitive wakeboarder, and a certified yoga instructor. Collectively, we speak English, German, Greek, French, Spanish, Italian, Cantonese, Portuguese, Urdu and Hebrew.