About the opportunity
Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, N26 is seeking a Director of Global of PR to develop and drive our external media communications strategy. You are a master storyteller, rooted in strategy, you flourish in a fast-paced environment and can comfortably toggle between strategy and execution. You'll work closely with the Executive team at N26 to develop proactive media opportunities and narratives. You have strong and respected relationships with the media, across business, trade, technology and lifestyle publications.
In this role, you will:
- Own N26 external communications efforts by collaborating with Founders to secure buy-in for initiatives that are aligned with the company’s objectives.
- Spearhead the global PR strategy to increase overall brand awareness, reputation and growth. Ensure that we are leveraging all areas including corporate, product/tech, lifestyle, thought leadership and external speaking events.
- Serve as media counselor and strategist to stakeholders around the company
- Manage an internal team of PR professionals and external public relations agencies on strategy and day-to-day matters
- Manage the day-to-day running of the press office and act as the first point of contact for inbound media enquiries.
- Provide strategic PR counsel and support to the wider Communications team, and guide all markets with their local PR efforts.
- Identify and leverage strategic industry press, bloggers and influencers as part of your overall strategy
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key media, stakeholders and relevant bodies to ensure that N26 is at the forefront of the conversation.
- Drive executive public speaking opportunities
- Provide media training for senior executives as needed
- Effectively represent N26 as a spokesperson for as necessary
- Collaborate across internal teams and organization to produce results
What you need to be successful:
- 14 + years experience in corporate communications, strategic communications, public relations or relevant experience required, in-house or at an agency
- Strong, respected relationships with press/reporters/media, established contacts in Germany are a bonus
- You’re a confident leader with solid experience in managing PR teams, both internal and external (i.e. PR agencies)
- Experience working at a fast-paced, global company and dynamic corporate environment
- You have experience across many areas of PR, including corporate, lifestyle and crisis communications and reputation management.
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Proactive self-starter and collaborative team player
- Flexibility and adaptability to manage ambiguity as priorities change
- Excellent writing skills in English: a breadth of writing styles for both internal and external stakeholders. German is a plus.
- You keep calm under pressure and take complete ownership of your tasks from start to finish
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Dogs in the office - bring your canine companion twice per week
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.