We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, N26 is seeking a global Director of PR to develop and drive our external media communications strategy. You are a master storyteller, rooted in strategy, you flourish in a fast-paced environment and can comfortably toggle between strategy and execution. You'll work closely with the Executive team at N26 to develop proactive media opportunities and narratives. You have strong and respected relationships with the media, across business, trade, technology and lifestyle publications.
Once here you will
- Own N26 external communications efforts by collaborating with Founders to secure buy-in for initiatives that are aligned with the company’s objectives.
- Spearhead the global PR strategy to increase overall brand awareness, reputation and growth. Ensure that we are leveraging all areas including corporate, product/tech, lifestyle, thought leadership and external speaking events.
- Serve as media counselor and strategist to stakeholders around the company
- Manage an internal team of PR professionals and external public relations agencies on strategy and day-to-day matters
- Manage the day-to-day running of the press office and act as the first point of contact for inbound media enquiries.
- Provide strategic PR counsel and support to the wider Communications team, and guide all markets with their local PR efforts.
- Identify and leverage strategic industry press, bloggers and influencers as part of your overall strategy
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key media, stakeholders and relevant bodies to ensure that N26 is at the forefront of the conversation.
- Drive executive public speaking opportunities
- Provide media training for senior executives as needed
- Effectively represent N26 as a spokesperson for as necessary
- Collaborate across internal teams and organization to produce results
What you will bring along
- 14 + years experience in Corporate Communications, Strategic Communications, Public Relations or relevant experience required, in-house or at an agency
- Strong, respected relationships with press/reporters/media in Germany, additional countries a bonus
- You’re a confident leader with solid experience in managing PR teams, both internal and external (i.e. PR agencies)
- Experience working at a fast-paced, global company and dynamic corporate environment
- You have experience across many areas of PR, including corporate, lifestyle and crisis communications and reputation management.
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Proactive self-starter and collaborative team player
- Flexibility and adaptability to manage ambiguity as priorities change
- Excellent writing skills in English and German: a breadth of writing styles for both internal and external stakeholders
- You keep calm under pressure and take complete ownership of your tasks from start to finish
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Travel in style with N26 You
- Personal Development Budget
- Subsidized transit pass
- Perks including German Classes, Dogs @ Work, Urban Sports Club and more
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.