We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
N26 is searching for a Head of SRE who exemplifies the attributes of a leader, mentor, decision maker, and engineer. SREs at N26 are software engineers who are tasked with solving operational problems at scale. We make tactical and strategic moves by designing software to ensure durable growth of engineering culture and systems.
Once here you will
- Manage two teams of 20+ SREs
- Thoughtfully balance the needs of the organization that exists today, against our future trajectory.
- Foster the engineering culture of existing teams, emphasizing empathy, collaboration, innovation—and you guessed it—reliability!
- Lead the department that has technical responsibility for the foundational platforms powering N26.
What you will bring along
- 5-10 years of management experience
- Previous experience running production-grade software at scale and an appreciation for the complex and emergent behaviors inherent to distributed systems.
- Experience leading, motivating, and mentoring fast moving, highly-skilled infrastructure engineering teams; adept at navigating and improving both social and technical systems.
- A creative problem-solver who thinks about how changes impact systems holistically and who will demonstrate persistence and resourcefulness when obstacles arise.
- Someone comfortable identifying technical and process-related shortcomings, and who can lay out a vision to fix them, and isn't afraid to institute change by experimentation.
What we offer
- Personal development budget
- N26 Premium You card
- Urban Sports Club
- Public transportation discount in Berlin
- Employee loans
- German classes
- Additional perks
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.