We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Here at N26 the TechOps team is continuously trying to optimize and automate manual tasks to cope with the tremendous growth of the company moving away from the traditional IT into a more DevSecOps approach relying on technology to empower people.
The Network engineering and Collaboration services team, part of the TechOps group designs, builds and supports internal networks and collaboration services for N26 with a focus on simplifying the administration overhead and improving productivity and efficiency of our colleagues through our internal IT networks, AV systems and tools we use to communicate and work in multiple locations.
You will work closely with our security teams who specialise in defense and penetration as well as our SRE team that looks after our infrastructure. Harmonies between our core teams are wanted and supported on all levels.
If you like to think out of the box, automate all the things and make people's lives easier, we are looking for you!
Once here you will
- Review our current network implementation based on the Meraki platform and propose enhancements in order to manage and support our internal networks globally as we scale.
- Develop standards-based network designs for company’s office and backbone infrastructure.
- Delivery of robust and comprehensive design documentation, incorporating best practices which address disaster recovery and incorporate test / compliance cycles.
- Experience with network security, authentication and identity for wired and wireless 802.1X clients.
- Evaluate new products, features and technologies which improve service availability and reduce costs, while providing comprehensive analysis and detailed implementation recommendations.
- Drive an embedded and pervasive security model into all aspects of network and voice infrastructure, site / backbone interconnectivity and to partner managed sites.
- Perform as Tier 3 escalation in support of IT operational organization during complex highly impactful outages that can cross multiple functional domains, involving chronic recurring problems, vendor product bugs and other critical network functionality.
- On-call rotation and occasional domestic and international travel will be necessary.
- Vendor Management maintaining relationships with major product manufacturers and service providers, understanding product capability and placement; driving QBR content/direction and influencing service and product capabilities and roadmaps.
- Drive simple and scalable approach to new technology solutions using automation to enable the organization to easily deploy and operate new features, capabilities and functionality.
- Coach, mentor, and motivate junior team members and contractors, providing positive career and personal growth.
- Set, own and continually manage technology project expectations with team members and stakeholders.
- Assist with identifying and screening future team members.
What you will bring along
- More than 5 years of experience with networking, firewall, standards, certification testing, design life-cycle and documentation.
- In-depth experience and understanding of WAN, ISP peering, BGP, OSPF, QoS, IP Addressing, DNS/DHCP, firewalls, wireless and L2 switching.
- Must have design and deployment experience with Cisco routing and switching products and beneficial to have Cisco 802.1x wired/wireless and VPN experience as well as experience with Cisco Meraki.
- Familiarity with design and deployment of controller based WLAN architecture, as well as cloud-based/controller-less enterprise WiFi solutions; experience with WiFi planning, post-install verification testing and user experience monitoring / modeling.
- Strong Technical Leadership, teamwork, collaboration and communication skills.
- Automation/scripting skills - proficiency in a high level programming language (Python, Bash, Go…) and infrastructure tools (Puppet, Ansible, Terraform…).
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Travel in style with N26 You
- Personal Development Budget
- Subsidized transit pass
- Perks including German Classes, Dogs @ Work, Urban Sports Club and more
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.