Please Note: This role is based in Barcelona and you must be willing to relocate to this location if successful. Full relocation package available for successful candidates.
About the opportunity
We are seeking a talented Software Engineer to evolve our product, powered by a microservice architecture predominantly written in Java 8 and Kotlin, using Spring Boot.
Our cross-functional teams are passionate about collaboration and sharing knowledge, as well as working with a high degree of autonomy.
As a Software Engineer at N26, you will be encouraged to embrace the latest technological updates and given a platform to work on complex, interesting problems on a daily basis.
In this role, you will:
- Design, develop, test and deploy software solutions
- Maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Have a high degree of autonomy
- Work with international, highly engaged peers
- Work with people and teams who have a getting things done attitude
Tech stack overview:
- Java 8 with Spring Boot and Kotlin.
- We have a Micro-Services architecture that include REST APIs, Queues (AWS SQS), Streams (AWS Kinesis), RDBMS (AWS RDS), NoSQL (AWS DynamoDB and AWS ElasticCache) and Data Warehouse (AWS Redshift), among others.
- For more information please check out our stackshare page
What you need to be successful:
- 2 years or more of experience in developing software using Java 8 and Spring Boot, ideally for large-scale production systems
- The ability to work independently
- Be highly motivated and a fast learner
- Be a problem solver
- Speak English to a full professional proficiency
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀 (N26 is German-based with our HQ in Berlin)
- Health & Life insurance, Personal development budget, Spanish language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 24 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 28 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.