We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
As our Head of Public Affairs you will take ownership for laying the foundations of our public affairs strategy as we scale and grow at the cutting edge of the fintech space. In this newly created role, you will have the opportunity to establish proactive public outreach activities and build a team of public policy managers. You will play a key role in bringing the N26 success story to the attention of key decision makers and break new ground in shaping the regulatory landscape via constructive dialogue with regulators, legislators, politicians and other relevant stakeholders at national and international levels.
Once here you will
- Establish the Public Affairs function and build a team, acting as the key owner for our relationships with regulators, supervisory bodies, and legislators in Germany and across the EU
- Work closely with our co-founders, General Counsel and other executive leaders to build detailed outreach action plans for key politicians, regulators and public officials
- Map out key stakeholders and relevant policies at German and EU level
- Closely monitor the public policy and how they impact our business
- Identify key external agencies to partner with, and manage these relationships
- Participate in relevant fintech panels and associations including Bitkom
- Build strong relationships with our investor public affairs teams
- Work across N26 to bring regulatory policy strategies and developments to the attention of all N26 stakeholders
What you will bring along
- Around 10 years of professional experience in public policy management and government relations, with previous in-house public affairs experience
- Strong grasp of German and European political systems and institutions.
- Established relationships and connections across the German and EU regulatory, supervisory, and legislative landscape
- Experience in the finance sector highly preferred
- Strong track record in leadership and stakeholder management
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment and an ability to adjust to changes in priorities
- Excellent command of English and German
- Willingness to travel
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Personal Development Budget
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.