Please note this role can be based in Berlin and you must be willing to relocate to this location if successful. Full relocation package on offer for successful candidates.
We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employee in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
As a Trust & Safety Engineer you will support the Trust & Safety team on the following topics:
- Develop strategies and algorithms to detect undesirable content and activity.
- Analyze reports and usage data to extract patterns of abuse.
- Implement automated and hybrid workflows to mitigate detected abuse.
- Publish and analyze metrics indicating the level of abusive activity and trends.
- Work with product, engineering and support teams to integrate existing or new platform services, analyze gaps and identify new functionality for development.
- Serve as a domain expert and go-to resource on Trust & Safety.
- Ability to work in a Linux command line environment - with a scripting interface like Bash, and with pattern matching and extraction tools like grep and awk.
- Mid-level knowledge and implementation experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Platform services for abuse detection and prevention – spam, phishing, scrapping, financial fraud scheme and user activity modeling.
- Machine Learning algorithms and their implementation – feature extraction, model building, training, and validation.
- Aggregation, scrubbing, filtering and analysis of large data sets.
- Log aggregation, data extraction and analysis with Elastic search.
- Data access and management with relational(MySQL, Postgres, Redshift) databases.
- Cloud-scale software and services on Cloud environments – AWS, Azure, GCP or OpenStack with Docker.
- User interfaces and visualization on the web with Angular or React.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience designing, developing and implementing web services at service provider scale.
- Expert-level knowledge of Linux, a web server like Apache or nginx, related technologies and tools to build web services.
WHAT WE OFFER
- High degree of collaboration and autonomy
- Crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team
- Your choice of a new Mac or Windows laptop
- Flat structures and open communication
- Newly designed office in Berlin-Mitte
- Individual Personal Development Budget --> Find a career path. Not just a job.
- Working with cutting edge technologies
- Getting things done attitude
- Subsidized Public Transport Pass
- Travel in style with N26 You
- Perks including German classess, Dogs @ office, Urban Sports Club and other employee discount codes
- Drinks, snacks, fruits and vegetables, as well as Brown-bag lunch every Wednesday and Friday Pizza
- Exciting challenges, about which you can keep up-to-date in our InsideN26 Magazine
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.