We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employee in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
What You'll Do
You will join the Information Risk Manager (IRM) Team, and work at the heart of policy and compliance at N26. As a member of this team you will ensure that the entire N26 Group operates in a secure and compliant manner. The N26 and its subsidiaries operate in a variety of regulatory regions, and across international boundaries. The IRM team helps the entire organization navigate this complex and demanding landscape.
- You will work with the IRM Team to conduct internal audits and help build a program that incorporates global regulatory standards.
- You will schedule and conduct audits of Supply Chain Partner sites, and Extranet Partner sites.
- You will create and review IT process and policy documentation.
- You will drive IT compliance of established controls (ITGCs, Application, Cloud, Cybersecurity, Data Center, etc.)
- You will build and deliver audit reports, record and track audit findings through to resolution.
- You will suggest remediation efforts to address non-compliance, and verify that implementation meets requirements.
- You may be required to travel on occasion.
- You will be able to research and understand banking regulatory and security standards and how they are implemented to support various types of partners and N26 organizations.
- You will establish and manage an inventory of all regulatory, commercial and organizational technology compliance requirements needed within the N26 operational regions.
- You will assist the business with the acquisition of tools and expertise to assist with IT compliance-related projects and initiatives.
- You will identify any gaps between the desired level of compliance and the current level of maturity.
Who You'll Work With
This position is focused on verifying security with N26’s third party, supply chain partners, and extranet partners. You will work with various N26 teams and Bank personnel to schedule and conduct site audits, reporting results to N26 for remediation.
What you will bring along
- Strong understanding of IT and Information Systems, as well as IT audit/compliance process and activities.
- Ability to communicate clearly with peers as well as all levels of partner companies.
- Strong time and productivity management skills.
- Proven presentation, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a global multi-cultural team setting.
- Consulting and partnering skills.
- 2+ years of audit experience.
- CISA and CISSP certifications and knowledge are a plus.
- SOC2, ISO27001, PCI and GDPR experience is a plus;
- Fluency in English. Native German a plus.
What we offer
- Working with diverse, highly engaged peers
- Exciting and varied tasks
- A crucial role in a highly motivated, talented and international team
- Getting things done attitude
- High degree of autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Full-time role in NYC
- Self-improvement budget to spend on attending conferences, taking courses, and purchasing books
- Competitive remuneration
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Meet the Team
The N26 US team is a group of unique and talented people consisting of alumni from Stanford, Northwestern, University of Chicago, Duke, Syracuse, Villanova, and University of California, just to name a few! Many of us have gained our previous work experience at companies like Airbnb, Dow Jones, The New York Times, Expedia, PwC, J.P. Morgan, Etsy and Morgan Stanley.
As far as fun facts go, our team is comprised of two NYC marathon finishers, a former sushi chef, a former competitive wakeboarder, and a certified yoga instructor. Collectively, we speak English, German, Greek, French, Spanish, Italian, Cantonese, Portuguese and Hebrew.
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.