We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
N26 launched in the UK in November 2018, operating as a branch of N26 Bank GmbH under EU passporting rights.
Once here you will
Provide legal advice to the UK business across the wide range of legal issues that it might face, including UK commercial and consumer protection law, data protection, banking, insurance and other applicable financial services regulations, employment law as well as other relevant legal matters.
You will brief external counsel where specialist advice is required.
Review and provide advice on local contracts, advise management on the implications of Brexit on the business, attend meetings with the UK regulators and assist in responding to their enquiries, including to the Financial Services Ombudsman; and ensure overall compliance with UK law/regulations for products and processes.
Will be a key part of the N26 Legal team.
Your tasks in detail:
- You will be the point of contact for all questions relating to UK commercial law, UK banking and banking supervisory law.
- You advise and coordinate all legal issues/disputes relating to the UK market.
- You will support on the legal aspects of all interactions with UK authorities and advise management accordingly.
- You will draft UK Terms and Conditions and negotiate contracts with cooperation partners in the UK.
What you will bring along
- You will have a UK recognised legal qualification and license.
- You will have professional experience of at least 3 three years post qualification, in the legal department of a bank in professional practise.
- You have already gained direct work experience in retail banking law and/or banking supervisory law.
- You are well-versed in dealing with legal issues, contract texts in various fields of law as well as preparing recommendations/advice for management and boards.
- You are hands-on and eager to tackle new topics while demonstrating a quick grasp and experience in conceptual project work.
- You are fluent in English.
- You bring along entrepreneurial vision, prudence in challenging markets and high commitment and initiative.
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Personal Development Budget
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.