We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Once here you will
- We are looking for an experienced Banking Operations Manager to come in and lead a highly skilled and innovative team. From individual coaching to improving our workflows, you will be the focal point of our banking operations team.
- You will be responsible for controlling your team’s performance, using key data and reports to inform your decisions and planning to cover our upcoming needs while ensuring that your team works diligently and always compliantly.
- Your operational expertise will be crucial in redefining our processes, to allow our team to thrive in the most efficient environment possible and build the most efficient digital Banking Operations.
- Your work with the team, will not just be operational. You will also be an outstanding people manager capable of guiding and developing your team members - working closely with our coaches to ensure continual improvement.
- This is a crucial role not just within the Banking Operations team, but also within the wider business and therefore you must have exceptional stakeholder management skills. If operational improvement, personal development and the opportunity to grow with a fast moving company inspires you, then apply below.
What you'll bring along
- You are an experienced professional, with considerable experience in a retail banking environment (ideally in customer operations) for at least 6 years and a proven track record in Payment Operations.
- You bring an innovative mindset and a strong hands-on mentality with a focus on execution, and high motivation to take an active role in our company. The customer is always at the forefront of your mind, and your entrepreneurial spirit will help us deliver a best in class operations service.
- You have great interpersonal skills and first leadership experiences, work well under pressure and can deal with several different projects and responsibilities with ease and composure.
- You are strong in focusing on details and technicalities while simultaneously retaining a comprehensive vision of the big picture.
- You have successfully completed a banking apprenticeship or hold a university degree in business studies (with major in Banking & Finance) or a related field.
- Lastly, you have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German.
- Your experience with CRM and issue tracking tools is a plus (e.g. Salesforce & JIRA)
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Exciting Challenges
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.