We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2.3 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 800 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Once here you will
- Mentor, lead and grow a team of data engineers that is responsible for building and maintaining Data Warehouse and Data Lake at N26.
- Shape the vision of how Data infrastructure at N26 evolves.
- Work closely with data analysts/data scientists and other groups to implement new ETL pipelines.
- Dive into the company's data to analyze it, find patterns and play around in other ways.
- Working with other teams to support various Data needs of the company.
What you will bring along
- At least 5 years of experience in Data Engineering or related fields
- Strong communication and coaching skills, ability to find the strong sides of a person and guide them towards new development and learning opportunities
- Excellent organizational skills and pragmatic approach to problem solving in a highly demanding environment.
- Sound understanding of big data technologies and concepts.
- Fluency in SQL (preferably PostgreSQL) and Python.
- Detective-level attention to detail and self-discipline that others would admire.
- Language skills: English full professional proficiency.
- Excited to work with groundbreaking technology, take chances, experiment and discover new and more efficient ways to get things done
What We Offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Exciting challenges
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.