We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1000 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
N26 is pioneering the field of bringing together the banking industry and modern software development. As one of the first banks completely hosted in the cloud - our security, resilience and productivity standards require a motivated and well balanced SRE team. We are using a modern technology stack to match our principles when it comes to providing the framework for our development team, the company and our customers.
Once here you will
- be part of the System Engineering Group (which also includes the Security Team)
- maintain and develop N26’s completely virtual infrastructure
- ensure reliability, scalability and adhere to the DevOps philosophy
- interact with a variety of stakeholders; most notably, engineers from product teams, the N26 Bank entity and TechOps (OfficeIT)
- participate in a modern setup with hundreds of live deployments per week and automatic software supply chain checks
- increase the productivity of our development teams by leading blameless postmortems
- identify potential outages with our cutting edge monitoring stack
What you'll bring along
- Experience with at least one glue language (Python or Go preferred)
- Your brain runs Linux
- <3 for the cloud while knowing limitations and advantages
- Strong interest in security related topics
- CI/CD is your second name
- Working knowledge of protocols and standards like TCP, HTTP, UDP, DNS, TLS (you also know where they are in the OSI model)
- Ability to identify repeatable processes and automate them quickly
- Open mind and interest in providing a bleeding-edge infrastructure
- Desire to learn and improve
Nice to have:
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS is a plus)
- You already designed, analyzed and troubleshooted large-scale distributed systems and worked closely with development teams to increase productivity and reliability of applications
What We Offer
- High degree of autonomy while working with international, highly skilled peers in a hyper-growth environment
- Individual Personal Development Budget --> Find a career path. Not just a job.
- Working with cutting edge technologies
- Getting things done attitude
- Travel in style with N26 Black Card
- Exciting challenges, about which you can keep up-to-date in our InsideN26 Magazine
- We offer a competitive salary for this position based on your qualification and experience. The starting range for this position starts at 45,000 gross per year
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.