We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 800 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
N26 is looking for an experienced Head of Group Compliance to assess and advise our management on all regulatory and compliance issues. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating compliance activities in various European and non-European jurisdictions, and take ownership for aligning worldwide compliance policies and legal requirements in close cooperation with other stakeholders across our global markets. In addition, the candidate will take over the (MaRisk) Compliance Officer position. This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a senior candidate with a strong regulatory background to make a difference at a fast-growing global fin-tech company.
Once here you will
- Establish a strong, efficient, and sustainable global compliance system
- Assess the applicability and requirements of relevant regulations for our German and European operations
- Act as an advisor to the Executive Board and management on all matters regarding compliance strategy and execution
- Work with heads of compliance from our multiple international markets to assess, maintain and update compliance policies for our German operation and across the N26 group
- Increase effectiveness and efficiency while at the same time minimizing risk and participating in the design of customer-oriented and efficient products and services.
- Act as a point of contact for regulatory reviews, co-ordinate information request responses, arrange meetings and briefings, and address follow-up actions
- Manage on-going relationships with auditors and regulators
- Instruct compliance officers and group-wide employees in compliance best practice
- Manage follow-ups and resolutions of problems detected in the monitoring process
- Engage with legal and compliance teams to ensure consistency in regulatory interpretation.
- Provide updates to executive management, stakeholders and operations teams on regulatory and audit developments.
- Maintain and update the compliance management system
What you will bring along
- Relevant professional compliance experience of at least 3 years, ideally in Head or Senior positions for at least 2 years
- Knowledge and experience of compliance in a retail banking setting
- An entrepreneurial vision, an autonomous attitude, and a ‘get things done’ approach
- Well-versed in dealing with regulatory issues as well as preparing recommendations for management actions
- Hands-on approach and eagerness to tackle new topics while demonstrating a quick grasp in conceptual project work and strategic thinking
- Ability to have an impact on, present to, and influence executive management and a variety of stakeholders both in Berlin and other international locations
- A high level of integrity, commitment and initiative
- Excellent written and spoken German and English skills
What we offer
- High degree of impact and autonomy at a global start-up unicorn
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Personal Development Budget
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.