We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1000 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
There are currently approximately 30 employees in our business operations department. Our goal is to establish best-in-class operations in the European banking world. The key tasks of business operations include global partnerships, business controlling, partnership operations and procurement. Our functions are situated within operations but we closely work with all departments across the company to ensure proper vendor management. As (Senior) Procurement Manager Tech, you will lead the way in delivering best-in-class tech procurement across the company. You will build a team which supports all key tech negotiations at N26 delivering best value-for-money to our customers.
Once here you will
- Strategically position and drive the N26 procurement process
- Build and lead a procurement function, including contract management
- Support the negotiation of key tech contracts
- Analyse saving potential for across the company and drive procurement related initiatives
- Use your procurement expertise and knowledge to up-skill colleagues and the wider business on negotiation and vendor management
- Support our international expansion
What you will bring along
- Strong knowledge around cloud infrastructure providers (e.g. AWS), Android and iOs ecosystem knowledge
- Experience in customer data protection within technological tools, ideally in organisations operating on a global scale
- The ability to think and act strategically with clearly defined business objectives in mind and an entrepreneurial can-do mindset with a strong hands-on approach
- In-depth knowledge of best-in-class procurement processes - ideally in start-up or entrepreneurial contexts
- Knowledge of digital companies and their products, ideally in the area of financial institutions
- Outstanding people and business leadership skills, with a strong background of setting up world-class operations
- A commercial mindset, excellent negotiation skills and ideally experience with vendor management
- Data is your friend! You drive success through analysis and numbers and aren't afraid to use these in making decisions
- Project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with fluency in English, ideally German
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Exciting challenges
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.