We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
N26 is seeking an experienced and motivated Banking Operations Specialist to help establish and carry out banking operations processes within our US Field Operations team. We are a small agile team and growing quickly.
No day is the same at N26 where you'll be encouraged to take on diverse challenges in and out of your role.
This is a great opportunity to have a hand in shaping and delivering best in class service for our customers as we continue to scale our team and customer base.
Once Here You Will
Perform operational tasks across a range of processes within payment and banking operations (including claims, insolvencies, consumer complaints, account closures, returned cards, reconciliation, reporting)
You may also provide support for Card Operations (including disputes, chargebacks and fraud monitoring)
You will work on all processes in your area with a substantial degree of autonomy, and be the first person at hand if any issues arise.
This role is key to the hub of our US operations, and you will be constantly working to remove inefficiencies, and improve our back-office systems.
Whether it’s claims management through data analysis and customer communication, or payment investigations- it is up to you to define the diversity of the role with the opportunity for you to develop and grow with our team.
Your passion for innovation and automation will allow you to make a tangible and credible impact to our business.
What You Will Bring Along
- Your previous experience in Banking Operations will help you thrive in our fast paced environment.
- Ideally, you would have previous experience in either Claims (Garnishments, Insolvencies), Transactional Banking (Card Disputes & Payment Investigations), Consumer Complaints or other Banking Operations functions.
- As an ambitious and committed individual you will bring a desire to learn and improve your current knowledge as well as a desire to drive the improvement and optimization of our processes.
- Comfortable in a highly driven team and working with a substantial degree of autonomy in a fast-paced environment.
- You will be able to work diligently and communicate confidently across the business.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree or qualification in a relevant business discipline
What we offer
- Working with diverse, highly engaged peers
- Exciting and varied tasks
- A crucial role in a highly motivated, talented and international team
- Getting things done attitude
- High degree of autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Full-time role in NYC
- Self-improvement budget to spend on attending conferences, taking courses, and purchasing books
- Competitive remuneration
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Meet the Team
The N26 US team is a group of unique and talented people consisting of alumni from Stanford, Northwestern, University of Chicago, Duke, Syracuse, Villanova, University of Denver and University of California, just to name a few! Many of us have gained our previous work experience at companies like Airbnb, Dow Jones, The New York Times, Expedia, PwC, J.P. Morgan, Etsy and Morgan Stanley.
As far as fun facts go, our team is comprised of two NYC marathon finishers, a former sushi chef, a former competitive wakeboarder, and a certified yoga instructor. Collectively, we speak English, German, Greek, French, Spanish, Italian, Cantonese, Portuguese, Urdu and Hebrew.