AML Investigator - US
N26 is looking for an experienced AML Investigator to join our growing NY AML team. The ideal candidate would be someone who is versed in US AML laws and regulations and is looking for a unique opportunity to gain invaluable experience at a growing, global fintech company.
What You'll Be Doing
- Monitoring and analyzing accounts for unusual or suspicious activity through alerts generated by N26’s Anti-Money Laundering system.
- Conduct investigations and due diligence on alerts/cases that bear indicia of money laundering and/or any additionally related risks.
- Review high risk accounts.
- Review OFAC alerts.
- Perform FinCEN 314(a) searches.
- Communicate with management on CDD/EDD deficiencies detected during account monitoring.
- Recommend appropriate follow-up and possible actions for customers that exceed our risk tolerance.
- Help with the design and development of monitoring reports and assist management with testing enhancements to the monitoring program.
Our Preferred Background
Minimum of 3-5 years in banking, with at least 2 years in the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) at a financial institution.
Knowledge of applicable Anti-Money Laundering laws, including the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA PATRIOT Act, and OFAC requirements.
A self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Flexible to perform other functions as requested by management.
What We Offer
- Full-time role in NYC
- Competitive remuneration
- Working with diverse, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Self-improvement budget to spend on attending conferences, taking courses, and purchasing books
- Getting things done attitude
- Take a peek inside our New York Office, and learn more about our culture and opportunities on The Muse.