We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1000 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Once here you will
- Create a superior risk management function to support N26 UK’s growth strategy and support the senior management team and business unit by furnishing them with risk analyses, reviews, recommendations and advice in respect of business operations and strategies.
- Establish an enterprise risk management framework, including risk strategy and risk appetite statements; cascade risk limits; monitor compliance and escalate any material breaches (subject to regulatory requirements).
- Develop and monitor the key risk policies (including regulatory, legal, compliance, cyber risk, AML, fraud, operational and credit risk); champion the enterprise risk management policy and risk policies for all key risk categories (including to support services in N26 GmbH).
- Ensure that effective processes are in place to identify, measure, monitor and report on material current and emerging risks, both at aggregated and disaggregated levels.
- Ensure the operating model for each risk category has a clear delineation of responsibilities for the operation of the enterprise risk management framework. Provide advice to the CEO and Board Risk Committee on risk governance matters.
- Evaluate the current risk systems and update to support the execution of risk processes to achieve the wider business strategies. Give direction to central services to ensure that their activities, focus and deliverables are designed to meet the needs of the N26 UK (in particular managing operational risk, including financial crime, KYC, AML).
- Create a consistent understanding of risk throughout N26 UK. Lead a team of professionals that prides itself on questioning assumptions and perceived wisdoms
- Manage an effective relationship with regulators and represent N26 across all risk matters.
- Collaborate with payments/technology partners to ensure the integrity of the payments ecosystem by preventing fraud, safeguarding sensitive data, identifying and responding to data breaches.
What you will bring along
- Distinguished record of leading a risk management function, having worked at a respected consumer bank, consumer financial services or payments businesses.
- Exposure to payments and technology platforms, a fintech company, or a best-in-class, technology-driven risk management organisation.
- Thorough understanding of UK consumer regulation and strong reputation with the FCA/PRA.
- Breadth of risk management experience across regulatory, legal, compliance, risk governance, cyber risk, audit, investigations, and operational risk – and how they impact the business.
- A strong commercial and technology orientation and will be a commercial and operationally-minded change agent with a strong bias for action.
- A balanced and pragmatic risk-reward perspective that allows for effective partnership with senior management in achieving business goals. S/he will be capable of constructively challenging business leaders’ thinking so that the company achieves its risk management, operational and commercial performance objectives.
- An ability to implement risk management strategies within a fast growing, technology-driven environment.
- Hands-on leadership style for driving change.
- A reputation for the highest integrity and degree of professionalism
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Opportunity to build N26 to become the leading mobile bank in the UK
- Personal Development Budget
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.