We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2.3 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 800 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
N26 is launching into the Brazilian Market and is looking to bring in a Legal and Compliance Manager to collaborate with N26 Brazil’s leadership team to effectively build and launch N26 banking products and organization. The Legal and Compliance Manager will advise N26 Brazil leaders across a range of legal topics including Contract Law, Data Protection Law, Banking and Regulatory Law in order to mitigate and minimize potential risks.
Once here you will…
- Step into N26 Brazil’s market entry project and be responsible for building our legal, risk and compliance infrastructure from the ground up.
- Act as a subject matter expert tasked to advise and mitigate all risks associated with launching and growing N26’s consumer products and organization within the Brazilian Market.
- Act as the primary point of contact and advisor to Key Partners, Management, and National Supervisory Authorities for all legal topics related to Brazilian Contract Law, Banking Law and Banking Supervisory Law.
- Increase effectiveness and efficiency while at the same time mitigating risks.
- Contribute to customer-oriented products and services through a legal lens.
- Work closely with our financial crime teams and consultants to address fraud and financial crime effectively.
- Review and negotiate contracts independently and collaborate closely with the General Manager, Brazil and our Group General Counsel to ensure compliance with national laws and regulations.
What you will bring along...
- Successfully completed the required legal examinations in Brazil, including OAB exam.
- Professional experience of at least 4 years in the legal department of a bank or a reputed law firm.
- Expertise and demonstrated experience working within banking law and banking supervisory law.
- Well-versed in dealing with legal issues, contract texts in various fields of law as well as preparing recommendations for action for the management.
- Hands-on and eager to tackle new topics while demonstrating a quick grasp and experience in conceptual project work.
- Speak fluent Portugese (native language) and English (ideally acquired abroad).
- Entrepreneurial vision, prudence in challenging markets and high commitment and initiative.
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.