We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2.3 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 850 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
As Head of Media and Activation you will be responsible for all media buying and planning within the Global Marketing team in Berlin. This role calls for a seasoned media strategist with a profound experience across all media channels with the ability to work across our key markets. This is a high-impact role where you will develop our media strategies with a focus on optimization across all platforms to reach N26' ambitious growth targets.
Once here you will
- Develop and own the N26 global media strategy to meet business and growth KPIs across all markets
- Manage best in class media planning and buying practices for campaigns across all media channels and all N26 regions
- Develop local market strategies that align with business needs, market trends, and media mix
- Define and set the right KPIs by campaign type and channel by using insights and making data-driven decisions
- Analyze the effectiveness of N26 media campaign results and continuously optimize spend and performance against targets
- Partner closely with Marketing Research and the Performance marketing team to optimise campaign output
- Own the relationship with the appointed Media Agencies and other key strategic media partners
- Provide insights on ‘first-to-market’ opportunities and emerging technologies relevant to N26 target groups
- Own and manage implementation of tracking solutions
- Take ownership for budget planning and meeting business targets
- Gain competitive insights and benchmark media strategies against our competition
- Output analyzing reports of competing brands, media environment and consumer media habits
What you will bring along
- 8+ years’ experience in media, advertising and brand consulting at large advertising, media agencies, or international brands
- Deep analytical skills for data insights while partnering with in-house analytics teams to tackle tough business challenges
- Advanced understanding of the media landscape, using market trends, business insights, and macro data to inform and develop longer-term strategic plans
- Use of standard media planning tools (DCM, MRI, ComScore, etc.) to generate data, drive key insights and strategies
- Ability to manage multiple, complex tasks simultaneously and prioritize appropriately for maximizing business impact
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work in a multicultural environment
- University degree in a marketing or tech-related subject (e.g. engineering, economics, business)
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Personal Development Budget
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.