We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
As our Head of International Licensing, you will take end-to-end ownership for strategic projects related to our global roll-out as we prepare to significantly expand our global footprint. When entering new markets, you will identify strategic and operational challenges related to establishing new banking entities on a global basis. You will collaborate across the business and with external regulators to understand how our international expansion affects our product offering, tech stack, organizational structure, and corporate governance. As we expand, this is a high impact role with deep exposure to the intersection of fintech, banking, project management, and international expansion.
Once here, you will...
- Take ownership for our international licensing strategy, with end-to-end ownership for strategy, execution, submission, and roll-out in both established and new markets
- Create, lead and complete complex, high-impact licensing projects, ranging from obtaining licenses through to implementing organizational requirements as necessitated by these licenses
- Over time, build and lead a high-performing team that drives robust, scalable solutions to guarantee our ability to operate in new and existing markets
- Collaborate with a diverse range of stakeholders, leveraging networks both internally and externally, to successfully apply subject matter expertise to the projects you and your team drives
- Act as the main business partner to the N26 management team for licensing projects, reporting on your team's success, performance measurement, milestones and potential roadblocks
- Act as an important point of contact to local regulators during an application period.
What you will bring along
- Excellent track record of delivering successful, complex projects within a global matrix environment, ideally within financial services, banking or FinTech
- Accomplished people and project leadership history, you're a leader who inspires, leads by example, demonstrates good judgment, and with a proven track record of motivating and mentoring teams who can also lead projects hands-on
- Outstanding communication and relationship management skills, with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders across all levels
- Analytical mindset: you’re adept at connecting the dots and have a focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Deep knowledge of project management methodologies that will allow N26 to execute high-quality projects at scale and speed
What we offer
- Join N26 at the most exciting growth phase
- Build a team that has high-impact in all of our markets
- Be part of a team driven by excellence, teamwork and most of all fun!
- Autonomy and budget to allow you to succeed
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.