We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empowers everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1000 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
The role is centered on finance strategy, seamless execution and a strong focus on growth. It requires a highly versatile and well-rounded leader; someone who can create and see the big picture while still being very hands-on.
Once here you will
- Manage the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and oversee the preparation of all financial reporting
- Take full responsibility for performing effective risk management, advise on long-term business and financial strategy, and oversee treasury and investment decisions
- Bundle in-depth expertise of the Brazil market: ensuring cash flow and capital structure and compliance with the law and company’s policies
- Together with the General Manager, you will represent N26 with the Central Bank
- On a Managing Director capacity, you will provide leadership, direction and management of the Finance and Accounting teams
What you will bring along
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in FinTech, consumer platforms, digital environments or financial services - even better, a combination of all of the above
- High level of experience in Accounting, Finance, Economics and Credit Risk Management
- In-depth knowledge of corporate financial law
- Analytical Thinking. A data-driven mentality and strong business acumen. Able to roll up your sleeves and analyze the data and pull key insights for your team
- A solid understanding of the business case behind retail banking as well as the competitive landscape in Brazil - you know why N26 is better than its competitors and can position us against them
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to build and manage strong relationships with your team, cross-functional colleagues and external partners
- Track record of building and growing a business as well as delivering high impact projects successfully
What we offer
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Opportunity to build N26 to become the leading mobile bank in Brazil
- Personal Development Budget
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website