We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We redesigned the banking experience to be simple, fast and contemporary. Founded in 2013 by Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal, N26 has over 1,300 employees and 3.5 million customers in 24 European countries. N26 has raised more than $500 million from renowned investors including Insight Venture Partners, Allianz X, Tencent Holdings Limited, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, members of the Zalando management board, and Earlybird Venture Capital.
We are seeking a B2C Social Media Manager to create original and compelling content about N26 that drives customer acquisition while also communicating the company’s team culture and values to our target demographic in the US.
As our first US Social Media Manager, you’ll own the US Social Media strategy from ideation to execution. You’ll be a key member of our tight knit and growing Marketing team. At your core, you’re a social media native with a keen sense of what attracts, inspires and engages an audience.
You’ll create and post stunning content across all social platforms covering everything from new product announcements, news, video content, events, and employer branding initiatives..
This is an incredible opportunity to build N26’s US Social Media presence from the ground up at an exciting stage in N26’s growth as we continue to expand into the US and globally.
If you breathe stories, swipe is your second nature, and you think news should only be 280 characters long, we would love to hear from you!
Once here you will
- Launch, grow and manage channels where relevant ensuring milestones are set and met
- Work with various teams and stakeholders in the US and Berlin, including Public Relations, Marketing, Design, Employer Branding, and Customer Service, to ensure social media alignment across various departments
- Collaborate with the social media team in Berlin to support global initiatives and localize content as needed
- Provide social media support at N26 organized events and meetups as needed
- Build and maintain N26’s online community and drive engagement on all US social media channels
- Develop best practices and social media guidelines, to ensure consistent brand voice and tone across all US channels
- Monitor and analyze KPIs and give clear recommendations on social media strategy
What you will bring along
- At least 3 years of B2C Social Media and Community Management experience across social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
- Proven experience at growing and managing an online community and building a community of influencers
- You know how to handle platforms natively or through management tools, and have some experience with reporting
- A keen sense of judgement and flexibility to manage competing or shifting priorities
- Ability and poise to work in a highly regulated environment a plus
- High degree of comfort working with various stakeholders in the US and Berlin
- Industry experience in banking or financial services, technology, or relevant consumer brands a plus.
- You are a team player and always ready to help others
- Drive, creativity, and a sense of humor!
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy in a fast-paced and growing startup
- Opportunity to make a big impact early on in N26’s US social media strategy
- Experience working in an international environment, including travel to Berlin
- Full health benefits and 401K plan
- Generous paid time off and sick days
- Annual professional development budget
- Regular team events with great colleagues
Meet the Team
The N26 US team is a group of unique and talented people consisting of alumni from Stanford, Northwestern, Duke, Syracuse, Villanova, and University of California, University of Denver, just to name a few! Many of us have gained our previous work experience at companies like Dow Jones, The New York Times, Expedia, PwC, J.P. Morgan, Etsy, Dish Network, Sling TV, Western Union and Morgan Stanley.
As far as fun facts go, our team is comprised of two NYC marathon finishers, a former sushi chef, a former competitive wakeboarder, and a certified yoga instructor. Collectively, we speak English, German, Greek, French, Spanish, Italian, Cantonese, Portuguese, Urdu and Hebrew.