We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2.3 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 800 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
As Head of Marketing Research and Insights you will take overall responsibility for marketing data and providing insights into our global marketing strategies for our Berlin-based Global Marketing team. You will live and breath marketing data and enable the marketing team to make informed decisions on how to grow the business globally and locally. This is a high-growth opportunity to take senior ownership for a new team that we consider key to our future success.
Once here you will
- Deliver actionable insights based on quantitative and qualitative analyses to support insights-driven decisions across the N26 marketing team
- Identify marketing opportunities and trends through exploratory analyses to establish us a marketing first-mover
- Take responsibility for brand health research across N26 core markets and setting and monitoring brand health trackers
- Own customer behaviour deep-dive analysis, customer segmentation, and customer journey analysis
- Perform deep dives into our marketing channels and explore levers for increasing customer growth
- Inspire and teach others about the power of data and be an advocate for consumer insights usage.
- Act as the key partner for the team's analytical needs and participation in project planning and data prioritization
- Be responsible for budget planning and meeting business targets
What you will bring along
- 8+ years professional experience as a marketing researcher, knowledge of digital products is mandatory. Experience within the fintech sector is a plus
- Understanding of how to turn business questions into an appropriately structured and resourced research plan
- Ability to generate insights from data and make specific recommendations that are used to make business decisions
- Experience partnering with third-party research agencies and closely overseeing research projects from start to finish
- Experience selecting and executing a variety of research techniques, both qualitative (e.g. ethnography, focus groups, IDIs) and quantitative (e.g. segmentation, messaging, positioning, tracking)
- Ability to strategize at a high level and work with analysts and data specialists to dig into data as necessary
- Complete fluency in Excel, and SQL, experience with Python/R is preferred
- Outstanding expertise in Google Analytics
- Strong high-dimensional, problem-solving abilities
- Excellent analytical and communication skills and a strong “can do” attitude
- Innovative mindset and willingness to get your hands dirty across all areas of the business
- Ideally a Master's degree in mathematics, physics, computer science, economics, or any other relevant studies that are strongly quantitative and problem-solving oriented
What we offer
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Personal Development Budget
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.