We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2.3 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 800 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Once Here You Will
- Partner with product owners, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from concept until launch
- Support and lead your product team by applying your craft: Conceptual design, research, prototyping, detailed design, usability testing and implementation
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Design mobile and web interfaces that are incredibly simple, elegant and enjoyable
- Mentor and inspire Experience designers, give and solicit feedback in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Support the hiring process and be part of every major decision within the Experience Design team
What You'll Bring Along
- 2-5 years experience as product designer in an experience-led team
- You have a long track record of applying research insights to design
- Strong understanding of product owner needs
- Confidence and passion to be an excellent communicator
- Your own ideas and dreams of banking in the future
- Strong sense for details and when to take care of them
- Strong portfolio that showcases your skills
- Good storytelling and presentation experience
- History of self-initiated projects
What We Offer
- Working with diverse, highly engaged peers
- Opportunities to work abroad in Berlin and Barcelona as part of an international team
- Freedom to prototype and autonomy to make decisions on technology choices
- A "get-things-done" attitude
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Self-improvement budget to spend on attending conferences, taking courses, and purchasing books
- Interesting technical problems to solve as we scale
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.
Meet the team
The N26 US team is a group of unique and talented people consisting of alumni from Stanford, Northwestern, University of Chicago, Duke, Syracuse, Villanova, University of Denver and University of California, just to name a few! Many of us have gained our previous work experience at companies like Airbnb, Dow Jones, The New York Times, Expedia, PwC, J.P. Morgan, Etsy, DISH, SlingTV, Western Union and Morgan Stanley.
As far as fun facts go, our team is comprised of two NYC marathon finishers, a former sushi chef, a former competitive wakeboarder, and a certified yoga instructor. Collectively, we speak English, German, Greek, French, Spanish, Italian, Cantonese, Portuguese, Urdu and Hebrew.