We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2.3 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 700 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
N26 launched in the UK in October 2018 under an EU passported license; the business is now in the processes of establishing and seeking UK authorisation as a local bank.
This role will be a key part of the team that will drive the development and success of the UK business and ensure that we meet AML and related regulations, initially as branch office and then as a locally regulated licensed bank.
Once here you will
- Be the designated MLRO for UK (initially of the branch office and then the UK Bank once it is authorised).
- Be responsible for all UK related Compliance/AML topics, e.g. carrying out UK Compliance and AML guidelines and analysis.
- Implement and improve local processes and reporting and ensure that they meet good market practice .
- Manage the relationship with UK regulatory authorities.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with UK regulatory authorities.
- Ensure effective processes are in place to identify and report suspicious transactions/sanctions/PEPs to UK authorities and respond to external information requests.
- Operate AML tasks with relation to UK customers, e.g. ongoing transaction monitoring within our EDP-scoring system.
- Manage data security and consumer protection requests from UK authorities/customers and be the responsible contact person.
- Manage a small team
- Be London based with some travel to Berlin (HQ)
What you will bring along
- 4+ years of senior experience on UK Compliance/AML.
- Experience dealing directly with the UK regulators and/or auditors.
- You enjoy implementing processes and approach new topics and challenges independently as the foundation of your work.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have a hands-on mentality, stress resistance as well as a willingness to take an active role in our company.
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Personal Development Budget
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.