We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 * is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2.3 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 700 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
We are looking for a highly motivated attorney with a strong desire to help build and maintain a best in class in-house legal department at a fast paced international FinTech. The ideal candidate is well versed with US banking laws and regulations and is looking for a unique opportunity to gain invaluable experience.
Once here you will
Provide general legal support to the US Head of Legal including:
- Guidance on federal and state banking regulations and their associated impact on N26’s operations within the US.
- Drafting and reviewing documentation and contracts.
- Assessing legal risks arising from new products and services, and reviewing policies and procedures and process changes to mitigate risk.
- Performing legal research and drafting memoranda on topics including corporate governance, banking, labor & employment, privacy and intellectual property.
What you will bring along
- 2-3 years of legal experience working with financial institutions (preferably FinTechs) at a major law firm (or equivalent in-house experience).
- Licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in New York state.
- Excellent academic record.
- Outstanding references.
- Must complete a successful conflicts check.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Eligible to work in the US.
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Personal Development Budget
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
- Take a peek inside our New York Office, and learn more about our culture and opportunities on The Muse
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.
*N26 Inc. does not currently offer or provide banking services on its own behalf or for its affiliates and is not a bank. N26 Inc. is wholly owned by N26 GmbH, which is also the parent company of N26 Bank GmbH. N26 Bank GmbH is a non-US bank, is not FDIC-insured, and does not offer or provide banking services in the United States or to US residents.