We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2.3 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 700 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Software Quality is owned by the team and the role of software quality engineers is to ensure that all quality attributes: functionality, accessibility, security, performance, testability, etc. are part of the acceptance criteria, development and testing of our features.
- Advocate the quality culture in cross-functional teams and make sure that the best practices are followed
- Design, develop, execute and maintain test cases, for our Android and iOS applications and REST API
- Establish testing as an integral part of the development process within cross-functional teams
- Develop maintainable automated checks in collaboration with our development teams
- Proactively suggest improvements in testing tools for better test coverage
- Find and report bugs and follow up on their resolution
- Use exploratory testing techniques to discover and prevent issues
- Assess and bring improvements to the quality of our applications and services
- You know how to view quality holistically and ensure the highest software quality
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in testing mobile (Android, iOS) applications
- Experience in API testing and automation frameworks
- Experience with at least one of the following technologies: Cucumber, Appium, XCode UI Automation, Espresso (mobile testing tools and frameworks)
- You know how to work with Jira, TestRail, Jenkins, Docker, etc.
- You have experience in driving quality improvements in agile environments
- Experience in troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Demonstrated capability and motivation to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding start-up environment
- Language skills: English full professional proficiency
What We Offer
- Working with diverse, highly engaged peers
- Opportunities to work abroad in Berlin and Barcelona as part of an international team
- Freedom to prototype and autonomy to make decisions on technology choices
- Getting things done attitude
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Self-improvement budget to spend on attending conferences, taking courses, and purchasing books
- Interesting technical problems to solve as we scale
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.
Meet the team
The N26 US team is a group of unique and talented people consisting of alumni from Stanford, Northwestern, University of Chicago, Duke, Syracuse, Villanova, University of Denver and University of California, just to name a few! Many of us have gained our previous work experience at companies like Airbnb, Dow Jones, The New York Times, Expedia, PwC, J.P. Morgan, Etsy, DISH, SlingTV, Western Union and Morgan Stanley.
As far as fun facts go, our team is comprised of two NYC marathon finishers, a former sushi chef, a former competitive wakeboarder, and a certified yoga instructor. Collectively, we speak English, German, Greek, French, Spanish, Italian, Cantonese, Portuguese, Urdu and Hebrew.