We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 500 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $215 million from investors including Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Once here you will
- Coach, develop and grow the architectural skills and technical agile practices of the organisation (e.g developer excellence in continuous delivery, TDD, refactoring and clean code)
- As part of our technical leadership team, you'll collaborate to hire and onboard top talent, build the engineering culture of N26 and develop technical leadership skills across the bank
- Provide guidance and oversight to multiple teams delivering a variety of products, being key in new product kick-offs to gain a deep understanding of what we're shipping
- Align product and service architectures to maintain a strong level of consistency of Cross-Functional Requirements (particularly championing operational requirements such as automated deployments, monitoring, logging)
- Structure teams to ensure there is capacity to work on larger architectural redesign to meet scalability, performance, security or compliance needs
- Spread architectural, technical and domain knowledge across teams, conducting systematic reviews to track progress of engineers learnings
What you will bring along
- Demonstrated leadership experience, across projects and people, with a natural aptitude and passion for growing and developing high-performing teams
- Deep knowledge of architecturally-heavy systems, including designing, implementing and evolving these system constraints
- Previous experience working in a cloud-based environment
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, including communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Track record of planning and implementing Continuous Delivery pipelines and a natural aptitude for conveying the concept of Continuous Delivery to a wider organisation
- A pragmatic individual, who knows when to be hands-on and enjoys taking the lead in challenging situations
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- The opportunity to lead multiple teams delivering cutting-edge products
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Exciting challenges as we scale our engineering teams
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.