Please note this role can be based in Berlin and you must be willing to relocate to this location if successful. Full relocation package on offer for successful candidates.
We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2.3 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 700 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Once here you will
- Collaborate with software engineers, operators, and specialists to define or build indicators of abuse, fraud, and threats to our users.
- Analyze data/signals to identify threats.
- Use identified signatures to detect, investigate, and prevent malware.
- Lead threat intelligence and incident response.
- Contribute to increasing our ability to triage, respond and understand advanced threat actors and the tools they use.
- Document incidents and threats and identify procedures to avoid them.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest malware threats, advise and consult with other teams as a subject matter expert.
- Train personnel and other team members on best practices.
- Perform reactive incident response if a security event occurs.
What you will bring along
- Software engineering experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Previous experience architecting and developing complex systems.
- Strong data analytic skills.
- Experience with modern engineering practices such as infrastructure as code, Agile, and resilient architecture
- Software development experience with Java, Python or Go
- A solid grasp of web scale microservice architecture.
- Experience in large datasets and log analytics. ML design and implementation a plus.
- Interest in Adversarial Thinking and combating fraud and abuse.
- Independence and ability to establish structures or processes to adapt to a constantly evolving domain and environment.
- A passion for tech with very close collaboration with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- InfoSec experience and good understanding of Threat Intelligence.
What we offer
- Developing the security culture at N26
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Exciting challenges
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.