We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2.3 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 700 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Once here, you will
Drive growth and development through strong visioning and strategic positioning of N26's data science team as we scale our customers and team globally at a rapid pace
Recruit, retain and develop teams of data scientists delivering innovative, reproducible machine learning workflows and highly impactful applications of data science to business problems
Develop and implement a vision for N26 data science, deepening existing work on data privacy, fair and ethical machine learning and risk modeling
Grow the technical infrastructure necessary to scale data science at N26
What you will bring along
- Strategic mindset with a proven track record of translating business vision into outputs for a data science team
- Exceptional ability to model financial and behavioural data mathematically and statistically
- Proven success in developing machine learning and data science best practices and infrastructure
- Strong track record of hiring, retaining and developing exceptional talent
- Profound understanding of underlying algorithms used and ability to teach other data scientists and stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of Python with a solid general CS or engineering background
- Experience with common data science toolkits such as R, Tensorflow, ggplot, Stan, Julia desired
- Experience with Postgres databases, AWS, and cloud-based infrastructure preferred
- You are creative, organised, self-motivated and able to bring transformative change and strong leadership
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, round out your profile
What we offer
- Opportunity to lead a high-performing team working at the heart of users behaviour
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Personal Development Budget
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.