We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 500 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $215 million from investors including Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong desire to help build and maintain a best in class AML compliance program. The ideal candidate is well versed with US AML laws and regulations and is looking for a unique opportunity to gain invaluable experience. As an early hire, you will be directly responsible for defining and implementing our AML program to support a growing, global fintech company.
What You'll Be Doing
- Manage relationships with AML vendors and auditors.
- Develop AML program including creating customized suspicious activity scenarios.
- Draft and update AML policies and procedures.
- Monitor and analyze accounts for unusual or suspicious activity through alerts generated by N26’s anti-money laundering system.
- Draft and file questionable/suspicious activity reports.
- Communicate with management on CDD/EDD deficiencies detected during account monitoring.
- Review high risk accounts.
- Review OFAC alerts.
- Perform FinCEN 314(a) searches.
- Maintain proficiency in all aspects of BSA/AML compliance; develop and administer N26 training material; attend training as assigned.
Our Preferred Background
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- In-depth knowledge of BSA/AML regulation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with banking operations
- A self-starter requiring minimal supervision
What We Offer
- Full-time role in NYC
- Competitive remuneration
- Working with diverse, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Self-improvement budget to spend on attending conferences, taking courses, and purchasing books
- Getting things done attitude
- Take a peek inside our New York Office, and learn more about our culture and opportunities on The Muse.
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.