We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 500 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $215 million from investors including Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Once here you will
- Be involved in everything related to relational (and also NoSQL) databases: design, maintenance, migrations, administration, configuration, etc.
- Take part in efforts to scale and improve the N26 Data Warehouse
- Educate developers and engineers about the best practices in clean database design
- Perform audits of existing databases, figure out possible improvements and ways to implement them efficiently
What you will bring along
- Exceptional knowledge of PostgreSQL (experience with MySQL is a plus).
- Fluency in at least one scripting language (preferably Python).
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, Couchbase, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.) is a plus.
- Detective-level attention to detail and self-discipline that others would admire.
- Language skills: English full professional proficiency
- Excitement to work with cutting-edge technology, take chances, experiment and discover new and more efficient ways to get things done
What we offer
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Freedom to prototype given the challenges we face
- Getting things done attitude
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Exciting Challenges
- Personalized Onboarding
- Interesting technical problems to solve as we scale
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.